Burkey Hotel, 1927
Prior to the 1920’s, this was an active hotel. Over the years, it has served many other uses and still exists in 2014.
Cat-walk to the dam at Lake Moreno, 1921.
This lake was filled by Hatfield (“The Rainmaker”) in 1914. It is still a part of San Diego City’s domestic water supply and is located in the Campo area of eastern San Diego County. The cat-walk system no longer exists. Left to right are Mrs. Phillip Hamble, Cora Russell and Mrs. Earl Hambell with their string of black bass. Additional cat-walk photos are available through the history committee.
The Black Bass Catch at Lake Moreno, 1923. Left to right are: Mr. Heckler, Don
Russell, Lewis F. Russell. Pictures of other catches are available.
Railroad trestle over highway 94 in eastern San Diego County, 1918.
Still in use by Railroad Museum.
Crossing Cuyamaca Dam, 1918.
This dam is in north eastern San Diego County. The dam still exists and is owned and operated by Helix Water District.